From the Back Cover
Permanent Magnet and Electromechanical Devices: Materials, Analysis, and Applications is a comprehensive and self-contained exposition of the theory and methods used in the analysis and design of permanent magnet and electromechanical devices. It contains extensive discussions of several key topics of applied magnetics, including the theory of ferromagnetism, a survey of magnetic materials, magnetostatic analysis, magnetic circuit theory, the design of
rare-earth permanent magnet structures, and the analysis of electromechanical devices. The book is a valuable text or reference for researchers, professors, engineers, and students engaged in the development of permanent magnet materials, computation of magnetic fields, analysis of magnetic circuits, design of permanent magnet structures, and development of electromechanical devices such as transducers, actuators, and motors. It can also serve as a primary or supplemental text for courses on applied magnetics, permanent magnetism, electromechanical energy conversion, or motion control. The book provides a rigorous theoretical foundation for the subject matter and demonstrates the application of theory to the implementation of practical designs. The theoretical presentation is reinforced with numerous illustrations and over 60 solved examples of practical applications.
· Extensive discussion of magnetic materials, including the physical principles of magnetism, domains, hysteresis, soft and hard magnetic materials and their properties, and the magnetization and stability of permanent magnets.
· Comprehensive presentation of analytical and numerical methods for the analysis of steady currents, permanent magnets, and magnetic circuits.
· Over 60 solved examples of practical permanent magnet and electromechanical applications
· Analytical analysis and design formulas for the field distributions of the most common rare-earth magnet structures and the performance of rare-earth magnetic couplings, gears, and bearings
· Extensive discussion of the theory of electromechanical devices with numerous solved examples
· Analytical analysis and design formulas for linear and rotational actuators, brushless DC motors, and stepper motors
· Presentation of a hybrid analytical-FEM approach to analysis of electromechanical devices
· Introduction to magnetic microactuators
About the Author
Dr. Edward Furlani holds BS degrees in both physics and electrical engineering, and MS and PhD degrees in theoretical physics from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He is currently a research associate in the research laboratories of the Eastman Kodak Company, which he joined in 1982. He has worked in the area of applied magnetics for over 15 years. His research in this area has involved the design and development of numerous magnetic devices and processes. He has extensive experience in the analysis and simulation of a broad range of magnetic applications including rare-earth permanent magnet structures, magnetic drives and suspensions, magnetic circuits, magnetic brush subsystems in the electrophotographic process, magnetic and magneto-optic recording, high-gradient magnetic separation, and electromechanical devices such as transducers, actuators and motors. His current research activity is in the area of microsystems and involves the analysis and simulation of various micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) including light modulators, microactuators and microfluidic components. Dr. Furlani has authored over 40 publications in scientific journals and holds over 100 US patents.
Other ebooks: Ebook epub downloads Hateful Things: The Children of D'Hara, Episode 2 by Terry Goodkind download pdf, Free download pdf files of books The Way of the Warrior: An Ancient Path to Inner Peace FB2 in English 9781601429568 by Erwin Raphael McManus download link,